I have to post about the day that I had because quite honestly I can not believe it even now. We woke up here on the second day of school raring to go, we picked up our carpool friends by 7:45am and were still in great spirits. We went through a little construction area in the downtown section of our city and then it happened - POP! Our right back tire blew out right in the middle of the busy road and in the line for the drop off for school - for any of you who do the drop off you can relate it is not a good place to be stuck! So what do you do? Might I add that this always seems to happen when Brent is out of town for extended periods - I swear someone remind me that for Christmas or my birthday I want AAA. Okay I get the kids all out of the car and literally walk the kids to school. Then head back to car for a tow truck. I get Addy to a friends house so she does not have to sit with me at the mechanic. At this point I think I am in the clear....way to go Mom! NOPE....the friend who has Addy calls and says her daughter is complaining of a stomach ache, well the girls after just having their tonsels removed can not get sick so I ask if she can take Addy to another friends house. They work it out and make it happen - AMAZING!!!! Then I get the news that the car will be ready in one hour - good news that it will be done but bad news because I need to pick Kate up from school in 30 minutes....So I call another friend who goes to pick Kate up from school and runs a bottle to Jacoby and a salad to myself at the mechanic so we can eat. The mechanic comes out a little bit later and says - sorry but your car actually had 2 tires that got blown out and we won't have it ready until Monday. PERFECT!!!!!! So we unload 2 bikes, 3 car seats and 1 stroller from our car and get on a shuttle back to our house....might I add that the shuttle stops at all the friends houses to pick up all the kids. :) I mean what can you do???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments